Monday 11 June 2012

5 Black Threads - Wool blend denim


I couldn't resist the beautiful soft texture of this black Italian wool demin fabric "5 Black Threads".

A classic knee length A-line skirt with the "wrong" side for the main body and simply left enough fabric on the bottom, cut to profile so I could simply turn it up and show the right side of the fabric as a feature along the bottom.

Silver buttons and black Mokuba ribbon with white regular specks and its done.  Zip on the side of course and darts back and front.  The beauty of A-line skirts is with enough flare, you don't need a split.  And to be honest, I didn't use a pattern.  Sometimes, all it takes is to visualise and think it out a little and with the help of a tape measure and tailors chalk, a pattern is born.




2 comments:

  1. Love this! Let the fabric do the talking with a little bit of help from some simple embellishments :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy. By and large I don't embellish much but sometimes I do and it tends to lean towards lines and structured shapes rather than frills and florals! Glad you like it. I was hoping I hadn't overdone it!

      Delete